Guglielmo Winery is a family-owned and operated company that treats its employees like family. If you are interested in joining our team, please check back often for open positions.
Seasonal Associates for Event Department and Tasting Room- Part-Time
The Guglielmo Winery has immediate seasonal positions available! We are currently looking for immediate seasonal weekend part-time staff with possible opportunities for long-term employment. We are one of the oldest, continuously family-owned, and operated wineries in the state of California. Specializing in Italian varietals, the Guglielmo Winery has shared its award-winning wines with the community for 96 years. Nestled in Santa Clara County, Guglielmo winery is a historic landmark, rich in tradition, and committed to building long-lasting relationships with its customers and community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide a high level of customer service to all vendors, customers, and fellow team members in person and over the phone.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work weekends and holidays (excluding major holidays).
- Must have experience with retail POS systems, including becoming proficient on Orderport and the “When I Work” application.
- Must have some sales experience with the ability to drive wine sales and wine club memberships. * Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be 21+ years of age.
- Possess a professional appearance and hospitable demeanor.
- Must be physically able to lift a case of wine (50lbs) and able to stand for long periods of time. Our operations are outdoors; therefore must be willing to work outside for the duration of your shift.
- Must maintain a clean, friendly, and welcoming environment for all customers at all times. This includes but is not limited to washing/polishing glasses, completing opening/closing procedures, and restocking inventory.
- Must Exhibit the highest level of respect, integrity, and professionalism while serving as an ambassador and upholding the wineries core values.
- Wine and wine-making knowledge preferred, ability and motivation to learn about our wines and winery history is a must.
- Must follow all Covid19 procedures while on the premises.
If interested in becoming a part of the Guglielmo Family Winery, please send a resume with the subject line “Seasonal Associate Position” to angelia@Guglielmowinery.com
No phone calls please, emails must include a resume for consideration.
Tasting Room Manager
Guglielmo Winery is looking for an effective and energetic Tasting Room Manager to oversee daily operations. This mid-sized family winery has been producing award-winning wines in historic Santa Clara Valley since 1925. The successful candidate will ensure winery guests receive outstanding customer service and hospitality, represent the winery as a producer of exceptional wines, and achieve sales goals. This is a unique opportunity to bring your management and customers service skills to our Tasting Room. We are looking for someone to join our staff and help grow our business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of the Tasting Room, including scheduling shifts, training, and supervising staff, as well as covering many tasting room hours
- Plan and manage events, per winery protocol
- Schedule and staff off-site events
- Recruit and train tasting room staff
- Supervise and document tasting room staff performance, provide constructive feedback
- Conduct tasting room inventories
- Manage shipments of tasting room orders and club releases
- Schedule and conduct regular staff meetings to communicate news and service goals
- Minimum 5 years in Retail Management
- Tasting room or other hospitality experience, and/or experience in marketing or sales
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work with principals and other management and staff in a cooperative and collaborative way
- The ability to think clearly under stress
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel, Google docs, Wine Club, and OrderPort POS software
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, 401(k), Paid time off, Vision insurance, Employee discount, Flexible schedule, Life insurance
Interested candidate should send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to email@example.com